Celler Batea Vivertell is one of our oldest labels. It first appeared in 1977 and was originally made only with grapes sourced from an estate within the municipality of Batea. This estate, called Vivertell, gave its name to our wine.
Very strict selection of old vineyard, winemaking process separated per grape variety, after grapes are crushed and trampled the juice starts alcoholic fermentation under controlled temperature in stainless steel tanks. Once malolactic fermentation is over the winemakers proceed to the definite coupage (blend) and ages for 14 months in 300 litre French oak barrels.
Colour: Dark “picota” cherry red.
Flavour: Intense at the nose, complex, ripe fruit with a spicy ground.
Taste: Round in the mouth, good tannins, toast, cocoa and slightly spicy. Structured and complex. Good pass and long persistence in the mouth
Alcohol Content: 14,5%
It combines with cured cheese, all type of sausages, blue fish, poultry, game and grilled or stewed red meats.
• Silver medal. Catalan Wine and Cava Competition, GIROVI 2023
• Silver medal. Catalan Wine and Cava Competition, GIROVI 2020
• Gold Medal - International Grenaches du monde 2019 Competition.
• Gold Medal - Gilbert & Gaillard 2019
• G0ld Bacchus - International Bacchus Wine Competition 2017